Short-term courses for exchange students (end of November 2020 to end of February 2021)
The Faculty of Arts & Sciences and Faculty of Educational Sciences at Linköping University offer short-term courses for exchange students.
Language of instruction (of all courses listed below, except Swedish language course in period 2): English
Short courses are offered during 3 periods: end of November-mid January, January and end of January-end of February. Students are welcome to study one, two or all three periods (only one course per period).
Period 1: End of November to mid-January
Starting on 30 November 2020 and ending on 24 January 2021. Choose one of the following courses if you want to participate in period 1.
- Perspectives on Digitalization, 7,5 credits
- New Social Movements, 7,5 credits
- Europe in the World, 7,5 credits
- Ethics and Migration, basic course, 7,5 credits
- International Business, 7,5 credits
- Environmental Monitoring, 7,5 credits
- Contemporary Issues in International Governance, 7,5 credits
- International and European Law, 7,5 credits
- Ethics and Migration, advanced course, 7,5 credits
- Critical Methodologies in Ethnic and Migration Studies, 7,5 credits
- Big data: Social Processes and Ethical Issues, 7,5 credits
Period 2: January
Choose the Intensive beginner's course in Swedish if you want to participate in period 2.
- Intensive beginner’s course in Swedish
Credits: 7.5 credits
Study Period: 4 January – February 5 2021
This course is intended for students with no previous knowledge of Swedish. It is a four-week course aiming to give students a basic knowledge of Swedish with an emphasis on oral skills. The course has four components: pronunciation exercises, oral training, basic Swedish grammar and short writing exercises.
Period 3: End of January to end of February
Starting on 25 January and ending on 26 February 2021. Choose one of the following courses if you want to participate in period 3.
- Health Economics and Ethics, 7,5 credits
- The History of European Identity, 7,5 credits
- Business Ethics, basic course, 7,5 credits
- Teaching Practice, 8 credits
- Business Finance, 7,5 credits
- Contemporary European Institutions, 7,5 credits
- Business Ethics, advanced course, 7,5 credits
- Intersectional Migration Studies: Bodies, Genders and Sexualities, 7,5 credits
Why LiU’s winter courses?
Sweden is known for its cold, snowy and dark winters. Why then study there during that time?
LiU’s winter courses will give you the perfect chance to study courses you are genuinely interested in. Most of our winter courses are part of LiU’s degree programmes, which ensures their high quality. They are taught in a truly multi-cultural and challenging environment including Swedish and international students.
For what is more, Linköping offeres a vibrant student life, while winter snow offers a variety of fun possibilities, including all kinds of winter sports. More about what's there to do in Linköping in Visit Linköping’s site.
Our Website for Incoming Exchange Students contains information about the following areas:
Accommodation can be offered in furnished student rooms costing from approx. 3900 SEK/month.
Activities ranging from dinner parties and short trips to guided tours will be organized for exchange students.
Application deadline October 15, 2020.
To apply for the course "Teaching practice" please use the following form: Application form
Take a look at our practical guide and international student guide for more information about travel instructions, etc.
COST OF LIVING
Examples of the cost of living for a student in Linköping.
VISA and RESIDENCE PERMIT
For studies lasting less than three months, you should not apply for a residence permit. Citizens of certain countries may remain in Sweden for up to three months without a residence permit or visa. They are allowed to study during this period.
Please observe that citizens of certain countries need an entry visa: Countries whose citizens require a visa for visits shorter than three months
For any questions please contact email@example.com
Last updated: 2020-08-27